We still have four games left for every Big 12 team, but we already essentially know the approximate seed of most teams. Missouri and Kansas will be the top two seeds. Baylor will likely be three or four. Iowa State will likely be three through six, while Kansas State and Texas are likely looking at four through six. The rest of the teams will likely fall in order. Iowa State, Kansas State and Texas, however, have the most power to make a meaningful move.
Big 12 Conference Standings
Monday, February 20
Baylor @ Texas (ESPN) 8 PM
Tuesday, February 21
Kansas State @ Missouri (ESPN2) 6 PM
Wednesday, February 22
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma (Big 12 Network) 7 PM
Texas Tech @ Iowa State (ESPNU) 8 PM
Kansas @ Texas A&M (ESPN2) 8 PM
Saturday, February 25
Iowa State @ Kansas State (Big 12 Network) 12:30 PM
Oklahoma @ Baylor (Big 12 Network) 12:30 PM
Texas A&M @ Oklahoma State (ESPN2) 1 PM
Missouri @ Kansas (CBS) 3 PM
Texas @ Texas Tech (Big 12 Network) 3 PM
Bonus Big 12 Games
West Virginia @ Notre Dame (ESPN2) 6 PM - February 22
TCU @ Air Force (mtn.) 7 PM - February 22
Marquette @ West Virginia (ESPN) 8 PM - February 24
New Mexico @ TCU (mtn.) 6 PM - February 25
- It sure looks like Saturday's Mizzou-Kansas tilt is your Big 12 regular season championship game. Should be an electric atmosphere in Allen Fieldhouse. That being said, Mizzou has a chance at a couple more land mines between home games against Kansas State and Iowa State. Kansas goes on the road to Oklahoma State and has Texas at home, but the road is definitely much easier if KU can hold serve at home.
- The Cyclones and Bears are once again tied for third place, and if Iowa State gets hot, they can grab the third seed. It'll take wins against Kansas State on the road and Baylor at home, however. Those two would make Iowa State a lock for the NCAA tournament. Actually, one would probably do the same. Baylor, naturally, looked mediocre again, but only after playing Iowa State. They have a dangerous road contest at Texas that could put Iowa State alone in third by midweek. Could set up with both teams playing for third place in the regular season finale.
- Starting to think Kansas State and Texas just like kicking it in fifth and sixth place. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that one will play Baylor and one will play Iowa State in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament, but who?
- If Oklahoma State could play all their games in Stillwater, they'd probably be an NCAA team. But, such is modern college basketball; they can't.
- If Oklahoma could play all their games against Kansas State, they'd probably be an NCAA team. But, such is modern college basketball; they can't.
- The move to the SEC can't happen quick enough for Texas A&M. Unfortunately, they can't take Texas Tech with them.
- The season can't end quick enough for Texas Tech.
Top five games of the week:
- Missouri @ Kansas
- Baylor @ Texas
- Iowa State @ Kansas State
- Kansas State @ Missouri
- Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma?
Number one was easy. Games two through four have major NCAA implications. Bedlam gets the number five spot because, well, the quality of the games really drop off after Kansas State @ Missouri. Badly.