"We never beat Oklahoma" - "We're more than 4 TD underdogs" - "We're gonna have a hangover from OSU" - "My vagina hurts"
Cyclones everywhere are coming up with reasons we don't stand a chance this weekend. Are they valid? Probably. Does that mean you have to listen? Hell no. If you've been a Cyclone fan for very long unfounded optimism is already second nature to you. But just in case you're wavering - here are 10 reasons the Cyclones will defeat the Sooners this weekend.
1) We're due: ISU wins a game against OU on average about every 15 years - its been 21 since the last win.
2) Paul Rhoads: CPR is a demon slayer, there is no challenge he shrinks from.
3) We fit the profile: Baylor? Tech? it seems OU only gets up for name schools - for once our history helps us.
4) We owe OSU: We crushed a generations worth of Cowpoke hopes and dreams, the least we can do is give their rival another loss.
5) They love Tom Cruise: Tom is a deity in Oklahoma because of his portrayal of a dirtbag, land thief in the state's favorite film.
6) They're next: Simply put, Paul Rhoads is running out of giants to upset - Nebraska, Texas, OSU ...
7) We have Steele Jantz: Sure, he hasn't played in the better part of 4 games - but he's there ... he's right fucking there.
8) OU has no one left: Several OU starters are injured including the best receiver not named Blackmon in college football.
9) Jesus wants us to win: Baylor beat OU for the first time ever - it's a sign.
10) San Diego: Another win would put us in better position for a warm weather bowl, let's make it happen.