Last week’s bore-fest in the Big 12 is over, and it’s back to business as usual. The marquee matchup this week resides in Ames between the Cyclones and Red Raiders - a fun way to begin the conference schedule’s home stretch.
On to it!
1. Texas (6-1, 4-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - The Longhorns had better not get caught looking ahead to next week’s date with West Virginia, because Oklahoma State is primed for an upset at home as it continues to search for a signature win this season. The question remains - is Texas back?
Pick Em: At Oklahoma State - TEXAS
2. Oklahoma (6-1, 3-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - The Sooners continue to pursue a spot in the playoff, and cannot afford to stumble this weekend against Kansas State.
Pick Em: vs. Kansas State - OKLAHOMA
3. West Virginia (5-1, 3-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - The ‘Eers still control their own destiny with matchups vs. Texas and Oklahoma remaining, but need to first put away a formiddable Baylor Bears team at home this weekend.
Pick Em: vs. Baylor - WEST VIRGINIA
4. Iowa State (3-3, 2-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - It seems as if Matt Campbell’s group continually needs to prove itself, though the Cyclones are actually favored at home this weekend against the Red Raiders. On paper this is a coin flip.
Pick Em: vs. Texas Tech - IOWA STATE
5. Texas Tech (5-2, 3-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - The Raiders held serve against the lowly Jayhawks, but a true test now awaits at Jack Trice Stadium. While their record is impressive, wins over Oklahoma State and TCU are not as impressive as they once seemed.
Pick Em: at Iowa State - IOWA STATE
6. Baylor (4-3, 2-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - The gauntlet continues for Baylor after its bye week. The Bears took Texas to the brink on the road two Saturdays ago, and the task in Morgantown will be just as duanting this weekend.
Pick Em: at West Virginia - WEST VIRGINIA
7. TCU (3-4, 1-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - How the mighty have fallen - fortunately the Frogs play the Jayhawks this week.
Pick Em: at Kansas - TCU
8. Kansas State (3-4, 1-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 8) - The Wildcats got back on the winning track against Oklahoma State a few weeks ago, but can they carry that success into Norman this weekend?
Pick Em: at Oklahoma - OKLAHOMA
9. Oklahoma State (4-3, 1-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - Somehow the Pokes are only 3.5 point dogs against Texas this weekend. That’ll likely be as close as they get to a win.
Pick Em: vs. Texas - TEXAS
10. Kansas (2-5, 0-4 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - This isn’t likely to change any time soon.
Pick Em: vs. TCU - TCU
Last Week’s Pick Em Record: 2-0
Overall Pick Em Record- 29-13