The great state of Texas boasts four schools in the Big 12, and they were a collective 0-for-4 on Saturday.
The Longhorns’ loss to Oklahoma State rightfully took center stage, but Texas Tech, Baylor, and TCU all added to the state’s misery. TCU’s was perhaps the most stunning, a 27-26 defeat in Lawrence. Woof. The race to the Big 12 title game is very much up in the air.
Did Kansas finally climb out of the Big 12 cellar? Let’s find out!
1. Oklahoma (7-1, 4-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - The Sooners trounced Kansas State on Saturday, and are back to being the conference’s highest ranked team. Their 11/23 date against West Virginia is once again magnified as the confidence level continues to build again in Norman.
Pick Em: at Texas Tech - OKLAHOMA
2. West Virginia (6-1, 4-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - West Virginia is trending up, and truly controls its own destiny in the conference. The Longhorns’ loss gives the Mountaineers a clear path to the Big 12 title game if they can run the table, which would include wins over both Oklahoma and Texas.
Pick Em: at Texas - TEXAS
3. Texas (6-2, 4-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - A tough loss to the Pokes has relegated Texas to the number three spot, if only for a week. The Longhorns are still very much in the thick of things, and a win against the ‘Eers on Saturday would bolster their chances of a title game appearance.
Pick Em: vs. West Virginia - TEXAS
4. Iowa State (4-3, 3-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - The Cyclones can’t quite crack the top-3 based solely on their conference record. But if a few things go their way in the coming weeks they will find themselves very much in the mix. The special teams unit needs to get things figured out in a hurry, though.
Pick Em: at Kansas - IOWA STATE
5. Texas Tech (5-3, 3-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - Tech’s loss on Saturday was tough, but all hope is not lost. The Raiders are still deservedly in the top-half of the conference with games against Oklahoma and Texas still on the schedule.
Pick Em: vs. Oklahoma - OKLAHOMA
6. Oklahoma State (5-3, 2-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - Saturday’s win over Texas was huge, but let’s focus more on how lucky we are are to have Mike Gundy in the conference.
Pick Em: at Baylor - OKLAHOMA STATE
7. Baylor (4-4, 2-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - It was an ugly loss against West Virginia last week, but the fact remains the Bears have beaten two of the three teams seated directly below them in these rankings. The third just lost to Kansas.
Pick Em: vs. Oklahoma State - OKLAHOMA STATE
8. Kansas State (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) (Last Week: 8) - The Wildcats’ 31-12 win over Oklahoma State a few weeks ago doesn’t make much sense, but it’s keeping them strong in the 8-spot.
Pick Em: at TCU - TCU
9. Kansas (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - Their first conference win in 15 tries snapped a 38-game October losing streak. Big win for the Jayhawks to show their program potentially trending in the right direction.
Pick Em: vs. IOWA STATE - IOWA STATE
10. TCU (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - They lost to Kansas.
Pick Em: vs. Kansas State - TCU
Last Week’s Pick Em Record: 3-2
Overall Pick Em Record- 32-15