Welcome to Big 12 madness! We have a new number 1, Texas is trending upward, and the middle of the pack is as clear as mud.
Don’t expect much of anything to get sorted this week, either, in a league that seems to have gotten back to its offense-first mentality.
On to it!
1. West Virginia (5-0, 3-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - A long time coming, West Virginia has earned the top spot as the lone undefeated team in the Big 12. It goes without saying that this weekend’s game in Ames is a huge test considering the Mountaineers’ highest profile win to date is against Texas Tech.
Pick Em: at Iowa State - IOWA STATE
2. Texas (5-1, 3-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - We’re all sick of saying it, but it can certainly be proclaimed that Texas is back (take a drink!). Huge win for Tom Herman and company, but beware of a trap game this weekend.
Pick Em: vs. Baylor - TEXAS
3. Oklahoma (5-1, 2-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - On the flip side, what a disappointing loss for the Sooners - one that resulted in a major defensive shakeup. Their bye week couldn’t come at a better time, giving them time to lick their wounds and regroup.
Pick Em: Idle
4. Texas Tech (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - Tech was idle last week, but their only Big 12 loss is to current top-spot holder West Virginia. Win or lose this week, the Red Raiders are going to look good doing it.
Pick Em: at TCU - TCU
5. TCU (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - TCU’s loss to Texas looks a lot better after the Red River Shootout, and this weekend’s home game against Tech is a big test for a team still trying to find its identity.
Pick Em: vs. Texas Tech - TCU
6. Iowa State (2-3, 1-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - The Cyclones notched a monumental win on the road against the Cowboys, though the jury is out on just how much of a quality win it actually was. So - will this Saturday against a top-10 opponent be Purdy, or ugly?
Pick Em: vs. West Virginia - IOWA STATE
7. Oklahoma State (4-2, 1-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - A tough loss at home against the Cyclones has turned Saturday’s road game against Kansas State into an almost must-win situation. There’s a lot to clean up before that game takes place if they hope to close in on bowl eligibility.
Pick Em: at Kansas State - OKLAHOMA STATE
8. Baylor (4-2, 2-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - The Bears surprised a lot of people with their win over Kansas State last week, and can somehow manage to qualify for a bowl game with just two more wins. The bad news? There are zero cupcakes left on their schedule.
Pick Em: at Texas - TEXAS
9. Kansas State (2-4, 0-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 8) - The Wildcats have underacheived all season, yet they only lost to Texas by five points two weeks ago. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that they managed to stay one spot above the lowly Jayhawks.
Pick Em: vs. Oklahoma State - OKLAHOMA STATE
10. Kansas (2-4, 0-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - LOL.
Pick Em: Idle
Last Week’s Pick Em Record: 2-2
Overall Pick Em Record- 25-11