There is still plenty to sort out this last week of the season — who will be playing for the Big 12 title? Which of the four five-win teams will get bowl eligible?
Let’s take a look.
1. Oklahoma (10-1, 7-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - The Sooners have one more test to pass to clinch their spot in the title game. They have won five straight since losing to Texas.
Pick Em: at West Virginia - OKLAHOMA
2. Texas (8-3, 6-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - The Longhorns passed a huge test of their own with a win in Austin over Iowa State last week. They are now in a prime position for another shot against the Sooners, with title hopes on the line.
Pick Em: at Kansas - TEXAS
3. West Virginia (8-2, 6-2 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - The ‘Eers may really be kicking themselves for last week’s loss against Oklahoma State. An appearance in the Big 12 title game once looked like a sure thing, and now it’s anything but.
Pick Em: vs. Oklahoma - OKLAHOMA
4. Iowa State (6-4, 5-3 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - Tough loss last week, but in hindsight it’s the TCU loss that still stings. Too late for what-ifs now, though, and the Cyclones need to hold serve at home against Bill Snyder - who always seems up to the task in Ames - to increase their bowl stock.
Pick Em: vs. Kansas State - IOWA STATE
5. Oklahoma State (6-5, 3-5 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - Huge win against West Virginia last week propelled the Cowboys into bowl eligibility.
Pick Em: at TCU - OKLAHOMA STATE
6. Texas Tech (5-6, 3-5 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - The Red Raiders lost stunningly to the Wildcats last week, and remain one win shy of bowl eligibility. Fortunately for them, they host Baylor this week.
Pick Em: vs. Baylor - TEXAS TECH
7. Kansas State (5-6, 3-5 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - Last week’s upset over Texas Tech brought the Wildcats to within one win of reaching a bowl game. A tough task awaits in Ames, but Bill Snyder has proven over the last 200 years that he is up for the challenge.
Pick Em: at Iowa State - IOWA STATE
8. TCU (5-6, 3-5 Big 12) (Last Week: 8) - TCU hosts Oklahoma state, also with a chance to qualify for a bowl.
Pick Em: vs. Oklahoma State - OKLAHOMA STATE
9. Baylor (5-6, 3-5 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - Last week’s loss to TCU was a crushing blow, and now the Bears must win in Lubbock to play on this season.
Pick Em: at Texas Tech - TEXAS TECH
10. Kansas (3-7, 1-6 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - The Jayhawks hired Les Miles, so there’s that. Friday’s game, however, will be nothing for Kansas fans to smile about.
Pick Em: vs. Texas - TEXAS
Last Week’s Pick Em Record: 1-4
Overall Pick Em Record- 39-23