Apologies for missing a week - it won’t happen again. Let’s get right to it.
1. Oklahoma (3-0, 1-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - The Sooners took a number of punches from the Cyclones last week, but always had a response. The top spot continues to be theirs to lose.
Pick Em: vs. Army - OKLAHOMA
2. West Virginia (2-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - West Virginia’s game against NC State was cancelled last week because of Hurricane Florence, but their ranking does not change.
Pick Em: vs. Kansas State - WEST VIRGINIA
3. Oklahoma State (3-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - The Cowboys handed it to a good, ranked, Boise State team last week. Truly an impressive start to the season for one of the Big 12’s only remaining unbeaten teams
Pick Em: vs. Texas Tech - OKLAHOMA STATE
4. TCU (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - TCU did plenty to keep it interesting in last week’s marquee matchup against Ohio State, but it ultimately wasn’t enough. The Horned Frogs will continue to improve as the season progresses and will be a force to be reckoned with throughout the Big 12 schedule.
Pick Em: at Texas - TCU
5. Texas (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - The Longhorns put together an impressive win against USC, and the stunning loss against Maryland in week one feels like a distant memory. Saturday’s showdown against TCU will expose the real Texas.
Pick Em: vs TCU - TCU
6. Kansas State (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - The Wildcats put together their first strong outing of the season, routing UTSA 41-17. Their follow-up task is a tough one ... a game in Morgantown against a Heisman Trophy favorite.
Pick Em: at West Virginia - WEST VIRGINIA
7. Iowa State (0-2, 0-1 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - The week’s biggest drop of the week, despite a number of moral victories. The Cyclones have faced difficult opponents, but at the end of the day the 0-2 result isn’t flattering. Matt Campbell and Co. need to beat a formiddable opponent in Akron, (who just beat Northwestern) and get the ship pointed back in the right direction.
Pick Em: vs. Akron - IOWA STATE
8. Texas Tech (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - Tech’s offense has come alive, scoring 140 points in its last two games. We’ll see if the Red Raiders are for real after Saturday’s matchup in Stillwater.
Pick Em: at Oklahoma State - OKLAHOMA STATE
9. Baylor (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - The Bears stumbled last week against Duke, but will likely bounce back against the Jayhawks this week.
Pick Em: vs. Kansas - BAYLOR
10. Kansas (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - Break up the Jayhawks! Two straight wins, including a convincing romp over Rutgers last week. They will likely come plummeting back down to earth this week, though, as their Big 12 slate begins in Waco.
Pick Em: at Baylor - BAYLOR
Last Week’s Pick Em: 8-2
Overall Record: 15-4