Welcome to hate week!
There won’t be too much of a shakeup after all the games are played, but it does set the stage for some enticing games in week 3. (ISU/Okla; TCU/Ohio State; Texas/USC)
1. Oklahoma (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 1) - Oklahoma made quick work of Florida Atlantic last week - no surprise there. The Sooners should easily handle a UCLA team that, while it may be back in the spotlight in a few years, has a lot of growing to do after losing its opener against Cincinnati.
Pick Em: vs. UCLA - OKLAHOMA
2. West Virginia (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 2) - WVU shut down Tennessee, and its schedule gets even easier this week ... unless, of course, their opponent’s president pulls some shady Ohio State tactics.
Pick Em: vs. Youngstown State - WEST VIRGINIA
3. TCU (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 3) - TCU ensured the top-3 in the Big 12 looked as stout as ever, rolling Southern 55-7. The Horned Frogs won’t receive much more pushback this week on the road against an 0-1 SMU team.
Pick Em: at SMU - TCU
4. Iowa State (0-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 4) - No game, no change for the Cyclones. Iowa State hits the road with everything to prove after last week’s cancelled game, while the Hawkeyes handled perennial MAC power Northern Illinois with relative ease.
Pick Em: at Iowa - IOWA STATE
5. Oklahoma State (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 7) - The Cowboys took care of business against Missouri State, and looked good doing it. Another easy win awaits against South Alabama on Saturday.
Pick Em: vs. South Alabama - OKLAHOMA STATE
6. Kansas State (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 5) - Kansas State surprisingly struggled in its opener, at home, against South Dakota. The Wildcats didn’t expect to be in a virtual must-win this early in the season, but Mississippi State is heading to Manhattan with a ton of momentum.
Pick Em: vs. Mississippi State - MISSISSIPPI STATE
7. Texas (0-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 6) - For the second straight year, Texas lost to Maryland in the season opener. While Longhorns coach Tom Herman downplayed any significance, this one may actually be more surprising considering the offseason adversity the Terrapins faced. Still, the Longhorns bounced back last year, and expect the same this season against a stingy Tulsa team.
Pick Em: vs. Tulsa - TEXAS
8. Baylor (1-0, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 9) - Baylor’s defense wasn’t exactly stout in allowing Abilene Christian to accumulate 466 yards, but a win is a win. They will likely double their win total next week against a UTSA team that was trounced by Arizona State.
Pick Em: at UTSA - BAYLOR
9. Texas Tech (0-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 8) - A season that was thought to be starting with at least a solid defense did not go that way against Ole Miss last week. Still, they should bounce back against Lamar.
Pick Em: vs. Lamar- TEXAS TECH
10. Kansas (0-1, 0-0 Big 12) (Last Week: 10) - Kansas has not won a road game since Sept. 12, 2009. That is all.
Pick Em: at Central Michigan - CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Last Week’s Pick Em: 7-2
Overall Record: 7-2