We asked Micah Allen the Managing Editor for Cowboys Ride For Free to answer a few of our questions leading up to Saturday’s pivotal matchup. No feelings from 2011 were relived during this questionnaire.
1) Three games into the season. We have seen a blow out win over Kansas. Close contests against Tulsa and West Virginia. What is the honest assessment of this Oklahoma State team right now?
That’s a great question that I don’t really have a great answer for right now. I think this is a good team that has a ton of potential. They could be the team in Dallas in December and I think this is a team that wants that for themselves. I just haven’t necessarily seen them challenged enough
2) Is the defense for real? Or are you waiting for a step up against fire power?
I believe in this defense. I think they know who they are and that they’ve proven themselves.
3) Does Iowa State have to get after the quarterback since it seems shaky due to injury or would Iowa State just have to flat out win in a shootout in this one?
I think they’re gonna have to win in a shootout. Whoever plays for OSU is going to be able to make plays and ISU is just gonna have to deal with that.
4) Give us a player Iowa State fans may not know now but will know once the game is over on Saturday.
Braydon Johnson- he’s one of the many weapons OSU has at wide receiver.
5) If Oklahoma State is going to win on Saturday, what is the biggest thing they need to do?
Score. score.score they’re going to have to get around the really good defense of ISU.
6) What is your prediction?