1. What’s the read on head man Neal Brown? It seems from afar there has been a bit of pressure on him this season. So explain to us where Neal Brown currently sits with the Mountaineer faithful.
Generally he still has support among the fans for a lot of reasons, but there are expectations and they haven’t been fully met. Beating TCU (and the way we did it) took a lot of the pressure off. Barring a loss to Kansas, he should be fine, but the pressure will be on next year for sure.
2. What’s been the one thing that has most surprised you about this team so far?
The defense has been a pleasant surprise. We lost some key playmakers at essentially every position, but they have continued to be one of the better units in the conference. In the other direction, the offensive line has struggled far more than I think any of us thought they would and that’s led to a lot of issues. Doege hasn’t progressed much either.
3. Let’s highlight some of the underappreciated players. Who are some players that Iowa State fans don’t know yet and will by the end of the day on Saturday?
Keep an eye on Charles Wood. He stepped in to the starting line up against TCU due to some injuries in the secondary and made two huge plays, including a filthy interception, that helped seal the win.
Casey Legg, who has a great name for a kicker, has been almost automatic for WVU all season.
4. How does West Virginia win this game?
Same formula as last week. Run the ball, play solid defense, and limit silly mistakes on offense.
5. What is one thing for Iowa State fans making the trip to Morgantown absolutely need to do when they get there?
Get a pepperoni roll.
6. Prediction time! Who do you got?
ISU 23 WVU 17